We realise our important role as healthcare providers and the essential service to those with serious audiological concerns. We will endeavour to meet our clients’ needs whilst emphasising the need for safe procedures during these challenging times. Until further notice all attendance will be by appointment only. When clients arrive at the centre for their appointment, they are asked to let us know by phone that they are in the car park, and we will come out to them to explain what is required.
Appointment times will be strictly adhered to and we can only allow entry into our premises when safe to do so and at the allotted time. Unfortunately, there will be no waiting within our premises so please attend close to your appointment time and wait to be beckoned in.
Hearing aid repairs and servicing will be done as the clients wait in the car park or will drop the aids off to be collected later. Consumables such as batteries and domes, wax guards can be ordered by telephone and posted out to you, this avoids unnecessary contacts.
We are now open for hearing assessments.Where clients are required to have a
face to face consultation due to clinical need, strict protocols apply.
We have carried out a risk assessment, and to reduce the risks associated with the transmission of COVID19 this protocol must be followed.
- On entry to the centre you will be required to wash your hands thoroughly.
- We are asking that only the client comes into the practice to reduce the risks unless another person / carer is required to help
- A thorough clean of the chairs, equipment and surfaces used will be carried out between clients
- Masks are to be worn by all clients, and if they do not have their own, one will be given to them. Please try to avoid touching your mask or removing it and take it home with you to dispose of
- We have put markings on the floor to help with the 2 metre rule
- Where we are unable to keep to the 2 metre rule, PPE will be worn by the audiologist.
- It should be noted we will not be able to accept any cash payments, only card or bank transfers.
- Clients will be asked to use the hand sanitiser on leaving.
The Services that we can offer remotely, to help reduce the number of client in
- Hearing aid repairs by post or drop off
- Supply of batteries and wax guards
- Hearing aid follow up and fine-tuning appointments online, over the phone or video call, if possible
- Hearing aid advice over the phone or video call
- Replacement of lost hearing aids or hearing aid upgrades for existing clients
The Services that we can offer in clinic, using appropriate PPE.
- New Hearing assessments
- Hearing aid fittings
- Hearing aid repairs or servicing
- Ear wax removal
We have instigated these new protocols to protect you and our staff and mitigate any potential risk. We are grateful for your custom and appreciate your adherence to these new protocols which will be the ‘new normal’ for the foreseeable future. If you have any questions regarding our Covid-19 protocols or about an appointment, don’t hesitate to contact the centre on 01865 861861.